Sunday, March 30, 2008

What makes you like me?

`` Once upon a time, there was a pretty woman in a village and also a man who loves her very much. He always told her how much he loves her and the woman never accepted his love. After years, she went to the place like jungle that exists "Bake Ku Ni"(similar as nun) monestery and became a "Bake Ku Ni." She practiced meditation according to Buddha way and finally, she enlighened. One day, she met with the man accidently and the man told her the same thing that he used to tell. Since she was an enlighten person, she didn't want him to get sins anymore. So,

She : Do you love me?
He : I love you more than my life.
She : What do love on me? What make you love me?
He : Your eyes are very beautiful. Those are like deer's eyes. I love your cute eyes and those make me love you very much.
She : Since my eyes are very pretty, do you want to own my eyes?
He : Yes, I do.
She : Ok. I can give them to you right away!
He : I'm the happiest person in the world now!
Then, she took her eyes out with her fingers right away in front of the man and gave those bloody eyes in her palms to the man. When the man saw the entire event that she took out her eyes immediately and gave them to him with blood, he was extremely shocked and scared with those bloody eyes that he used to tell as very cute eyes.
She : Take them! I can generously give them to you since you want to own them. Tell me are they beautiful? Because I have no more vision to be able to see anything.
He : No, No, they are not. Those are scary. Don't give them to me, please!
He was so shocked and ran away from her. Anyway, she lost her vision to make the man understand even though he thought her eyes are so cute, those are not really when being taken out separately from the body.
------------------------------------------------------------

I was remembering this story when my classmates were discussing with the teacher about different physical attractions that they tend to be attracted in my Psychology class. For example, double-teeth or sharp teeth make that particular person looks cute when they smile Or a girl with long hair, etc...
I am thinking that if that double-teeth or sharp teeth is broken or being removed because of toothache or something, can that person still be cute or attractive?
If the girl cuts her long hair till bald,............?
------------------------------------------------------------

** It will be difficult to follow a concept if you have never heard before or it's beyond your intelligence or knowledge. There are endless things in the universe that you don't know or never can imagine. Try to figure out what are just illusions or what the truth is!!!
------------------------------------------------------------

** "Bake Ku Ne" is kinda same as "nun." The big difference is that a nun doesn't have much rules (Wi Ne) to follow except keeping sabbath. But, "Bake Ku Ne" have to follow rules (Wi Ne) almost same as monks do. "Bake Ku Ne" doesn't exist these days anymore except nun.
------------------------------------------------------------


[The story by Dr. Min Tin Mon in a 10-day short course of "A Bi Dhamma"(described in "Three Kinds of Dhamma") in 1998]

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, :) The author of this tale might want to reflect something different from what I am about to make a comment here. I think the girl was so constituted that she only think from one side, not the whole context. This can be very dangerouse in realality if we don't think from all sides of effect. We all understand that we love eyes that stay on face, but not bloody one, lol.

    ReplyDelete