Friday, October 5, 2012

Forgiveness is Wisdom...

ေသခ်ာဖတ္ၾကေစခ်င္လုိ႔ပါ ပညာရွိအဖုိးအေၾကာင္းေလးပါ
မူးရင္းကတရုတ္လုိပါ ဘာသာျပန္သူေတာ့မသိပါ။

Forgiveness is wisdom, and it’s not easy for us to forgive others’ mistakes all the time. But have you thought about it might be a precious chance for others to change at the same time?

A Lost and Found Mobile Phone
There were three customers in a restaurant in the evening: a senior citizen, a young and me.
Maybe due to there were not many customers, not all the lights were on and it was a bit dim in it. I was sitting at a corner and drinking by myself. The young man was eating noodles, sitting close to the door and the senior citizen.
But I found out that the young man was not eating noodles actually, but keeping his eyes on the mobile phone, which was put by the senior citizen on the table.
It proved what I assumed. The old man turned to the side and lighted up a cigarette, while the young man immediately reached the phone and put it into his pocket. He was trying to leave as soon as possible. 


The old man turn around, noticed the phone was gone. His body shook a bit and then calmed down, looked around.
The young man was reaching to the door at that time. The old man seemed to understand what was going on, stood up, walked toward the young man and said:” Excuse me, kid.” Young man shook and asked:” what’s up?”


I was worried about the old man and wanted to help. Because how could he deal with this young muscular man with his weak body. But surprisingly, the old man said: “it’s was my 70 birthday yesterday, my daughter gave me a mobile phone. Even though I don’t like it that much, it’s a gift from her. I put it right on the table, but now it’s gone. I am sure that it must be knocked off by me accidently. My eyes are not keen anymore, and it’s not easy for me to bend down. So could you please do me a favor to look for it?”
The young man relieved, wiped off sweat on his head and said:” oh, don’t worry, let me check.”


The young man bended down searched around the table again and again. Then he passed a phone to the old man, “is this your phone?”
The old man held his hands tightly and said:” Thank you, thank you!! You are such a good kid, thank you so much.”


I was shocked by what I saw. After the young man walked away, I asked the old man:” you knew it was him. But why don’t you call the police?”
Old man smiled and said:” yes, I could find my phone by the police. But by that way, I would even also lose a more precious thing, which is a chance for him to change.”
Silence is a self-cultivate, forgiveness is wisdom.

Shared from A Shin Nanda Thiri (FB)

No comments:

Post a Comment